The Isle of Man is a beautiful place for holidays and photographers, with many places offering the photographer multiple opportunities. None more so than the Calf of Man. located at the southern tip of the island, it boasts a bird and seal sanctuary where can be seen many of the seals basking in the sunshine, or playing in the sea. In the distance to the south, as in this image, can be seen the Welsh Hills, whilst to the west and south west can be seen the Irish Mountains.
Fishing is a big part of the Manx culture and heritage and Fishing boats can often be seen in the waters, as here, either going to, or returning from the rich fishing grounds that surround the island. The waters also attract much larger animals like whales and dolphins. Boat trips can be organised to see them close up if you are keen and your camera waterproof!
If not then there is a warm cafe at the site where you can get lots of local Manx produce and of course warm drinks if needed. Parking is currently free, and there is a large car park to use. There is also a regular bus service to the Calf if you do not have a car.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor