Winter is my favorite time of year in the northern part if Idaho. The Kootenai Valley is surrounded by three mountain ranges which gives us a perfect setting for photography any time of year. But winter is special with the short days and the white snow on the evergreens. The low clouds over the mountains happen often in the winter time and that was my goal that day to photograph. I went out late in the afternoon before sunset since I like the late evening light. Although the image was photographed at 3:30 PM because sunset here in December is about 3:45 PM! The clouds and the light came together for me in this image and this was my favorite for the day.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor