A forecast promising mist and calm water had me driving drive down to Bassenthwaite hoping for a colourful misty sunrise. My first location at the North Western end of the Lake produced a few pleasant images but the heavy cloud blotted out the sunrise. I started driving towards Borrowdale but got no further than half way along the Southern shore of Bassenthwaite when the sun started to break through producing dramatic conditions with the sun lighting up the far shore. I had a wonderful time picking out the trees on the far shore of the lake with the mist coming and going. Finally the sun broke through fully and the magic was gone but I was happy having experienced a magical 40 minutes. Ken
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor