This photo was taken in the largest high-altitude Alpine meadow in Europe. We got up really early and drove to this location from our hotel in Bolzano. It was autumn when had our trip to The Dolomites. We didn't expect any snow or ice during the trip but we were proven wrong when we arrived at the parking snowing a little bit and the roads covered with thin ice. We carefully walked to shooting spots without crampons or any spikes on our shoes. However, I got really excited and moved faster than my friends and that caused me to slip. My head almost got hit the road very hard but somewhat I managed to put my hands between the concrete and my head. And I was wearing a thick beanie that time. We waited for sunrise and it was very colorful. But this image was taken during the blue hour. It was an exhausting yet fun morning shooting in this very wide area of The Italian Dolimites.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor