The Aigüestortes is the only national park in Catalonia. It is located in the Spanish part of the Pyrenees and is characterized by the presence of high, very fractured peaks and various lakes of different sizes fed by rivers and abundant winter snowfalls. The Sant Nicolau stream is a river that can be traversed from its lower course to its sources. The route is full of beautiful waterfalls and pools that are sometimes accessible. The photo is taken in one of these corners that can be reached by making your way through the vegetation and snow, during a winter morning on the last day of the year. The light conditions at dawn and dusk practically do not affect this place since it is quite repaired. Without a doubt, the best conditions are given on a partially cloudy day like when I took the photo. The winter months with lots of snow (December and January) or in autumn, due to the colours of the forest that surround the waterfalls and the pool that forms the river, represent the best time to visit this place.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor