This is Windy Post Falls on Dartmoor in Devon, UK. On arrival there was a stunning white landscape. We had some gorgeous winter weather recently particularly the mornings. So I decided to venture out onto the 'Devonshire Outback' for a short frosty walk across Whitchurch Common from Merrivale car Park beneath Cox Tor. The dawn colours came much early than I expected so had to stride out across the moorland to get to Windy Cross in time to catch this beautiful scene. The mad rush to this popular location was well worth the effort arriving 30 minutes before sunrise. What an amazing place with the water flowing so well. I stood in the stream to capture the flow of the mini falls. Dartmoor ponies always seen to gather there and I enjoyed their presence while concentration on my camera settings and composition.
All that’s required to get this shot is one hopeful photographer, mother nature,time, Canon camera 5D mk3, Canon 16-35mm f4/L IS USM len, Lee Proglass 0.9 ND filter, Lee 105mm Landscape Circular Polariser and 15 seconds exposure.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor