We made special arrangements with the Park Ranger to enter the White Sands National Park before sunrise. He met us at the entrance gate at 6 AM so we could capture the first light of day falling on the sand dunes. We had scoped at the dunes the day before noting locations of interest with our hand held GPS device so we could return in the dark the following morning. We were rewarded with the soft first light of day as we explored the park to ourselves. This image was made just as the snow was still below the horizon, so there is warm tones in the sky and cool tones on the landscape.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor