The image was taken in January 2016 at the western shore of Sylt during an offshore storm at wind force 9. Interestingly, this condition made for an almost calm look to the sea, while we had to struggle against the storm. I just had put up my tripod and mounted the camera, when a strong gust of wind knocked it over. It was necessary to clean the equipment later on. In order to capture this scene, I took my backup camera and shot it handheld.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor