During a visit to Banff in Canada in late 2019, with my wife, one of the main targets was to capture some sunrise and sunset shots from the lakes near our hotel - picked because it was in the centre of a cluster of them.
This shot came from one of our morning visits to a carpark near the main road up to our hotel from Vermilion Lakes. Here, there is a tempting glimpse of the roseate hues of dawn to the left of Mount Rundle and some beautifully subdued waters and clouds, due to the long exposure. We had very little chance to grab these shots because a couple of tourists chose to sit pout on the tiny jetty on the left and then move around constantly in front of the numerous other shooters pitched up around the lake! How to win friends and influence people!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor