This flower is called "Devil's Claw". The extracts of these kind of flowers are used for the preparation of natural remedies, to be used especially in case of inflammation or muscle pain. This photo was taken in the month of July during a circular hike in Val Gardena, one of the many valleys of the Dolomites, starting from the village of Selva di Val Gardena. It is not common to see this flower in the Dolomites, but in this case I was lucky as it was very close to the path.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor