Many people when they think of Colorado in autumn, think of golden yellow aspen trees. While Colorado is loaded with forests of those beautiful specimens, there's another fall foliage show that happens out on the far western slope of the state where swaths of ground foliage and bushes turn brilliant shades of red, yellow and orange.
It's here, on the Uncompahgre Plateau, where the display is particularly vibrant, a hiking and camping oasis. The chiseled peaks of the Cimmaron Range tower over the forested valley below, where the iconic aspen trees mix well with all the colorful ground foliage, a literal carpet of color. Waiting for the magic golden hour of sunset, the subtle Sunset glow on a partly cloudy evening particularly brought the vivid colors to life.
Waiting until sunset, I found the composition I wanted and waited for the light to get just right. Alas, clouds obscured the full effect of the setting sun, but there was enough coming through to really cast a beautiful glow on the already-stunning foliage and bathed the Cimmaron Ridge in deep shade of red-orange glow.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor