As it happens quite often, one never knows what they will find once they step out of the house. Natural world if full of mysteries and secrets. This was one of these unexpected finds.
It was during the Summer, couple of years ago. I was taking a trip to the southern Alberta. On my way, there was the town of Trochu. And it was in this small town, that I came across this wonderful garden called the ‘The Arboretum At Trochu’. Curious, I went in. As I was enjoying my walk, always on a lookout for the unique and interesting photo objects, slightly off the main path behind the massive moss-covered rocks, I noticed something I never seen before.
It was almost like a little forest, a small community of strange looking ‘palm-like trees’ hidden from the eyes of many. I did not know what they were, or how long it took them to grow, exactly. Or if their tiny size was their maximum. Until that very moment I have never seen, heard, or read anything about them. But this little community really captured my full attention and imagination. I was absolutely sure that this tiny forest grew on its own, away from the eyes of countless visitors. How long has it been there? Till this very day I sometimes wonder if anyone else have ever noticed it at all…if it is still there and if the forest got any bigger.
Natural world always fascinated me as a kid, and it still does so today. No place stays the same, and there is always, always something new and interesting waiting for us if we dare to go exploring. It is truly fascinating what we can find out there.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor