The park in Tervuren, near Brussels, in Belgium, is a great place to photograph birds in a number of ponds, but I also love photographing the woods with Autumn colours. This year everything was still very green at the beginning of October, but after a few rainy days, mushrooms of all kinds were everywhere!
This was my first attempt at focus stacking, so this photo is the result of blending 6 photos in Photoshop with focus on different parts of the mushroom.
I believe this is a Giant polypore, Meripilus giganteus, a toxic mushroom.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor