One of my favorite shooting locations in San Diego, Sunset Cliffs can be reached easily by a coastal road. However, the highest, most remote cliffs (and most dangerous) are at the southern end before the restricted university and government property. The eponymous sunsets are not the best images here but the blue hour cliffs and surf are the photographer's Holy Grail and they did not disappoint on this visit with puffy evening clouds and high tide with swirling waves. I used every degree of view the 14mm lens allowed to capture the entirety of the scene. The hike back in the dark was uneventful, I couldn't become lost, either I found the parking lot or fell off a cliff into the ocean. Well, I'm still here to return another day.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor