The air was saturated with fog on the morning that we visited the Summer Palace. Visibility was extremely limited making the causeway that spanned the palace lake appear as a ghostly spectre on the foreshortened horizon. The heavy fog also meant very still water so reflections were near perfect.. The conditions contributed to a very smooth image in reality and in the viewfinder. The light was very flat and quite dim so working without a tripod meant boosting the ISO just a little to allow for a handheld shot.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor