The wild horses that roam the beach at Nihi Sumba is what drew me to this location. But the beach itself was well with the trip. It stretches as far as the eye can see and if you're willing to wake up for sunrise, chances are you will have it all to yourself. The peacefulness I experienced each morning on this beach was the motivation for this long exposure capture. I wanted to create a painting like feel with a minimalistic approach. I tried various lengths of time but a five second exposure provided the results I was after. The hazy weather that particular morning also added to the calming effect in the final piece. I printed this photograph at 73" (width) x 55" (height) for my Toronto gallery with an option for clients to go bigger if they have the space. Typically I mount my photographs to plexiglass but I went with a Matte laminate for a softer look. Over the years I have learnt that both sizing and method of mounting can play a large role on the impact of your work on display.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor