Minnesota and Wisconsin both enjoy beautiful autumn colors. Every autumn the colors are different. The intensity and strength of the various autumn colors depend upon several factors, including how much rain we have gotten and the temperatures. Even in a year with the worst possible conditions, there is some change of color to enjoy. However, in a year when all of the conditions are all perfect, the color can be amazing! The autumn during which this photo was taken, was one of those perfect autumns. I have been to this spot many times since taking this photo and it has never again provided so much beautiful color. The color appear to be coming right out from the rocks.
This photo was taken along the St. Croix River which is a river that runs between Minnesota and Wisconsin. For this photo, I was standing in Wisconsin and looking toward Minnesota (on the other side of the river). I was in a state park which straddles the two states and is appropriately called Interstate State Park. The gorge in this photo is known as the Dalles of the St. Croix. Established in 1900, Interstate State Park is the oldest state park in Wisconsin. The park has many hiking trails and there is access to much of the park by road (which is helpful for those of us who are unable to hike). The park has many great features including beautiful camping sites, rock climbing, swimming, a boat launch, two lakes, a waterfall, a large children's play area and many gorgeous overlooks where you can see miles down the St. Croix River.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor