TAKE PART • WIN $100
When you look at the work of the impressionists & post-impressionists, you always wonder how they would have painted parts of India. The question is easily answered when you visit Spiti Valley in the fall season. The willows are glowing with Van Gogh's favorite yellow pigments - His very own yellow ochre, the cadmium & chrome yellows.
You put your camera at slow shutter speeds & slowly pan it as you shoot continuously & lo - you have the Dutch Maestros famous brush strokes paint a vivid yellow canvas through the winsome willows.
The Valley is a painter & a photographer's dream during the fall season..go paint a masterpiece.
P.S. - No Motion Blur was applied in post-processing, I used an ND8 filter to cut off light & get a slow shutter speed, as I shot in continuous mode & panned my camera slowly to the right. I am glad it came quite right in camera.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor