I was in the Dolomites once again in October 2019 to capture the fall colors. I was staying in the Seiser Alm region. A very early alarm woke me up to some Alto-Cumulus clouds all built up in the dark sky as yet. I wasn't sure about the physics behind it but from prior experience I knew how these fluffy clouds would give me a spectacular sunrise to photograph.
I made a quick dash to this scenic Sonn Lake in the distant corner of Seiser Alm region and was greeted with an absolute still lake with no winds, the sun still below the horizon but already painting the sky crimson blood red. A tripod, five bracketed exposures blending them later in Lightroom plus Photoshop and yes, the early morning alarm did it all.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor