My first trip out with the new Bronica camera took me to the north coast of Somerset overlooking the Bristol Channel on a very cold and windy day. I wanted to capture some shots of sea and beach as part of the series i had created entitled "horizons" whereby the feature was as the name suggests but with the foreground and middle ground as the main subject matter.
Because of the weather there were very few people around making it easier to have a "people free" image.
The sky was overcast and the tide well out but this suited my objectives as I prefer a minimalist subject matter. The posts set into the beach were ideal as they created a perspective indicator and a vanishing point for the image.
The end result when the film was developed was a pleasant outcome and verified the performance of the new camera.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor