Every year in October I will try to find the best fall foliage. This year due to COVID I am only able to drive to somewhere closer, so Asheville became my ultimate destination. Asheville, North Carolina is famous for its waterfalls and fall colors. Soco Falls are twin falls located 1 hour near the city of Asheville. It's actually sitting right next to the highway. You will have to park your care near the edge of the mountain highway and walk down a pretty slippery and muddy pathway to access the base of the waterfall.
I woke up at 4:00 am that morning and head out from Atlanta to Soco falls around 5:00am to be able to avoid the crowd and leverage the morning sunlight. It was a dark foggy morning with low visibility on the mountain highway, but I am able to make it to Soco Falls safe. The weather was around 30F and I can feel then cold breeze getting inside my body while I was trying my best to get down to the base of the water fall with my brand new camera and tripod safely. In addition, in order to have a better angle of the waterfall I will have to set up my gears in the water. The photo turns out great after all the hard work.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor