Glassmine Falls is located within the Asheville NC watershed, which supplies water to Burnett NC Reservoir for the city’s needs. Except for the narrow strip of property within the Blue Ridge Parkway, all of the watershed is off-limits to the public. The only legal way to view Glassmine Falls from the base is by obtaining special permission, which is unlikely to be granted. In summer and fall, it can dry so much that you can’t see any water from the overlook. In winter and early spring, and after a good rain, it’s a nice sight and complements the overall mountain view well. In high water, the beauty rating is much higher. But high water doesn’t last long. You have to be there while it’s raining.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor