The story about this picture is a story of passion. My passion. For travel, for photography. When I told my friends that I had to wake up at 5 am, drive for 2 hours and hiked up a steep 8-km long trail through sludge and mud to get this image, they said I was crazy. All this for a few images!
Well, what I did to get this image is not uncommon - neither for me, nor for my peers in the photography world. What amplifies the craziness is that often we do hike up such steep terrains with our packed camera gears and in ungodly hours to reach the destination for the opportune moment. And although all this does seem crazy on the onset, it is nothing but the driving force of passion that pushes me - pushes us - to get to amazing locations, enjoy the view and save those memories.
So here's to passion, here is my version of the Swiss Autumn - when the dew drops are getting icy and the trees display an unbelievable color palate.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor