Sargent Mountain is the second highest peak in Acadia National Park, located near Bar Harbor, Maine (USA). I hiked to the summit of the mountain from Jordan Pond, itself a beautiful body of water surrounded by several small peaks. The hike is considered moderate despite having to traverse numerous bolders and other rock formations. But the payoff is worth every difficult step, particularly the day I was there. The sun was in full glow and at my back as I looked into the distance toward the Atlantic Ocean. Sargent Pond was in the foreground, reflecting the blue sky all around and above. Setting up my tripod on the summit, I wanted to capture the broad view of the pond and the pockets of land dotting the coast in the distance. I was fortunate that the foreground also contained plants with red and yellow tints to break up the vast greenery that had blossomed during the summer.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor