Natural Bridge is located in Santa Cruz, California. Natural Bridges State Beach which is world-renowned for its yearly migration of monarch butterflies. Visitors can see thousands during the butterflies’ peak season. The best time to see monarchs in the park is usually from mid-October to late January.
This beach, with its famous natural bridge, is an excellent vantage point for viewing shore birds, migrating whales, and seals and otters playing offshore. Further along the beach, tidepools offer a glimpse of life beneath the sea. Low tides reveal sea stars, crabs, sea anemones, and other colorful ocean life. The park also includes a large area of coastal scrub and grasslands, with bright native wildflowers in the spring. Moore Creek flows through the park, forming freshwater wetlands and a salt marsh before it reaches the sea.
The best time to capture a keeper photo is when the tide is receding, waves ebb and flow can be a good foreground rendering a leading line to the Natural Bridge Rock. When you visit the place during the golden hour time like sunset, the soft light will enhance the beauty of the place.
I took the photo above using a circular polarizer and graduated natural density filter to reduce the glare and smooth the waves as it receding back to the ocean. After several attempts I was able to get the image I was hoping for. It was beautiful time as I was able to get a slight pastel color of the sky. I was happy with the image I took. A keeper one!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor