This photo I took during one of my walks on the beach of my town, in Abruzzo (Italy). After a couple of days of bad weather, I usually go to the beach to photograph because it never looks the same as it was before. Near some rocks I noticed an accumulation of shells carried by the water onto the beach during the storm. Looking closer I noticed that the shells along with mussels and stones formed an interesting scene, so I tried to photograph them. I just had to wait a few minutes to get some light on the subject. I preferred to keep the shots where part of the frame is in shadow to create some contrast in the scene. The photo is the result of 8 focus stacked shots, the depth of field was very shallow due to the close distance and focal length.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor