The Rio Grande Gorge is one of the most iconic locations in New Mexico. So imagine my disappointment when my plan to get the perfect sunset shot was thwarted by traffic. By the time I made it to the gorge, the vibrant colors of New Mexico sunsets were all gone. The last visitor left the bridge and, as daylight vanished, something else happened, something magical. Saturn and Jupiter appeared first, right above the gorge. And then, as darkness crept in, the Milky Way came into view, faint at first, above the clouds. I forgot all about the missed sunset and grabbed the tripod. By then I was the only person on the bridge, shooting between the occasional cars passing by, enchanted, once again, by New Mexico, the Land of Enchantment.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor