I was out looking for black bears along the Quinsam River. The weather that day was quite pleasant, warm with clear blue skies over the forest canopy. The blue refection from the sky combined with the orange-red hues of the leaves on several trees made for an interesting composition. Autumn in this part of the world brings changes in landscape colours and the quality of light as the sun moves south, away from our latitude. Cold overnight temperatures trigger changes in leaf colour with greens giving way to the reds in the deciduous trees. This is one of the best times to visit the Quinsam River, lots of colour and the possibility of spotting bears and eagles looking for the salmon that swim up stream to spawn in the fall.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor