We lived Pantelleria contrary to what one could have expected, and violent sudden showers of rain were unloading every day on the unmistakable white roofs of the dammusi and the narrow, only partially paved streets that hurt wound themselves and climbed the slopes of what is at all the effects of a volcanic cone oozed so much water that they were almost not practicable, and the rocks collapsed from the slopes made the road dangerous. It had been an exceptional event, as confirmed by the comments of the old fishermen of the island ... the leaden sky was reflected in a sea even darker and more threatening, with the waves that in turn hit streets, stairways and paths. Somehow we had 'with the utility car rented, reached the old lighthouse on the coast, witness of excursions, piracy, and cruel historical events.
The building located in an expanse of black lava rock, suggestive even if in a state of decay and abandonment, indeed precisely for that on that fascinating day, with the storm that was just moving away and, in front, the coral rocks overhanging the sea and overlooking the Sicilian coasts. Punta Spadillo is located in the north-eastern stretch of the island of Pantelleria, between the small lake of Ondine and Cala Cottone. With the privilege of being able to admire a unique panorama and the opportunity to walk the paths which lead to coves enclosed between the black rocks, including the Laghetto delle Ondine, and the crystal clear waters, deep and rich in fish, we forgot the rain and the persistent bad weather.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor