Fall is the best time for colors in Quebec, especially in October. In addition, water abounds in streams and waterfalls. It is therefore the right time to take long shots using filters. My own vision of those fall scenes is not just focused on colors. I like to think that we can hear water gushing out of torrents and rivers in a deafening noise so characteristic of our landscapes. Here, it is a simple discharge from a lake, the water flows delicately under the natural stone bridge.
I had brought my tripod but also my rubber boots because to carry out this capture well I had to settle in the river, with my feet in the water, hoping that the vibrations created by the current of the water are minimal. Also, because I wanted to make the whirlpool more visible, I threw a handful of dead leaves into the water. Finally, with this cloudy sky, a beautiful light pierced through the trees which had mostly lost their leaves.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor