On the last weekend in January 2020 my wife and I enjoyed a remarkable stay in Piran, an old coastal town in Slovenia. During this time of the year most of the restaurants and accomodations are closed and tourists have left the place. We started to explore some towns in the northern part of Istria with their almost deserted streets. When we returned to Piran in the afternoon, we had a walk along the coastal path. It was quite mild and almost windless. Due to a slight haze in the distance the sky and sea seemed to merge in a harmonious way. We stayed there for a while absorbing the impressive view and finally I took this image. Later on I made print and posted it on an easel in our living room. It accompanies us still now, a comforting memory during the pandemic.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor