Nusa Penida is the biggest of the three Nusa Islands just off from mainland Bali. Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan make up the trio of islands, each with uniquely breath-taking landscapes.
Nusa Penida is an island southeast of Indonesia's island Bali and a district of Klungkung Regency that includes the neighboring small island of Nusa Lembongan. The Badung Strait separates the island and Bali. The interior of Nusa Penida is hilly with a maximum altitude of 524 meters. It is drier than the nearby island of Bali. There is very little tourist infrastructure.
There are two small islands nearby - Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan - which are included within the district (kecamatan). Administratively, the kecamatan of the same name, had a population of 45,178 in the 2010 census, covering 202.8 sq kms
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor