This image was captured in 2015, at one of my favourite waterfall locations - Nohkalikai Falls, close to Sohra (Meghalaya state of India). The valley below was covered with a thick cover of cloud till sunset, yet I noticed a rain and lightning bearing cloud on the south-east and I observed its movement towards the west. Two and a half hours later this image was made under the moonlight that lit up the whole scene. I waited for the lightning to enter my frame. And so it did. For me, this could be a once in a lifetime shot where so many things came together - the waterfall and its landscape under the moonlight, the faint star trails because of the 4 minutes exposure, and to top it all the lightning that struck where I had a hunch it would.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor