In 2000, my Mother and I traveled to Nepal to experience a new culture and do some trekking. Once we landed in Katmandu, we decided we wanted to take the Everest trek and went in search of a guide. We found a knowledgable, kind and strong young guide. To this day, I feel guilty about all of our bags (including my camera, lenses and tripod) that he carried through the Himalaya Mountains. We flew with our guide from Katmandu to the town of Lukla and began our trek. This photo was taken on our second day of trekking outside of the town of Namche Bazaar. I found the farm fields to be so beautiful and so well maintained especially considering that any transport of supplies to or from the farms had to be by yak.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor