While visiting Marco Island on the western coast of Florida a few years ago, I was excited for the opportunity to see the sun set over the water. Growing up in the mid-Atlantic, I've seen many great sunrises over the ocean, but few sunsets. The sky and clouds cooperated one evening to produce some really beautiful colors. The wet sand created a nice reflection of the orange and pink sky.
I captured some traditional sunset images and decided to try panning for the first time. I really liked the effect it created and captured this image after a few tries.
In addition to sunsets over the Gulf, Marco Island offers opportunities for shooting small islands and mangrove forests. It's also a great area to photograph shorebirds.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor