The Logan River Scenic Byway, where this image was made, cuts its way through the Bear River Mountains, a branch of the Wasatch Range in northeastern Utah. Every season provides wonderful opportunities for photography in this canyon, though autumn tends to be quite dramatic.
This capture was taken early on a late Autumn morning just as the fall colours were beginning to wane in advance of winter's arrival. The lighting can be challenging in this narrow streambed due to the high canyon walls that create a great deal of shadows, but my timing was spot-on that day. I captured the rays of the sun with a long exposure with a ND filter also helped me manage the light.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor