This photograph of Lake Monroe was taken just before the peak of the autumn colours season in Mont Tremblant National Park, Quebec, Canada. The contrast between the saturated foliage, the reflection in the calm water and the blue/grey tones of the sky and lake are particularly striking. The leading lines created by the shapes of the small hills and their reflections lead our eyes to end of the bay and the morning mist still hanging in the valley. That morning I got up early, as it is a 1 and a half hour drive from Montreal. My efforts were well rewarded: silence, stillness and beautiful nature; I was happy to be in the moment with my camera.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor