Beautiful landscape in the western French Pyrenees, in the area of Aquitania. It is near Spain , where I live. To get the lakes you must walk through a very dense and beautiful beech forest, saving a difference of about 500 m. When you reach an altitude of 1900 m, you will find several lakes, all of them dominated by the Midi Pic. The Midi D'ossau is a mythical mountain among mountaineers and climbers with its 2880 m high, visible from many points in the region. Fantastic and easy trekking that fills the senses.
A place very frequented by walkers especially in the spring and summer time.
We ate at the Refugio d'Ayous contemplating the lake of the same name and on the way back I could observe the beauty of Lake Mieux surrounded by mountains and ocher colors of the end of summer.The picture was taken close to sunset.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor