This photograph was taken along a creek near Lachute, Quebec, Canada. The challenge here was to integrate a portion of the surrounding environment to the setting of the waterfall. I was drawn to the little branches, green leaves, and the texture of the earth facing the falls. I took three shots and used focus stacking to increase depth of field. A touch of flash brightens up the foreground. Looking at this photograph, I hear the sounds of the falls and it reminds me that we, as photographers, benefit from taking our time to bring our vision and emotion into our compositions.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor