I took this photo in May 2019 on the Konza Prairie in Manhattan, Kansas. This is in the heart of the Flint Hills in Kansas. I got there before sunrise and walked the trail that took me to the top of one of the flint hills. I had my camera on a tripod and positioned it close to the ground to get a foreground with the rocks and the sun rising. I stopped the aperture down to f/16 so I could get a nice sunburst effect with the sun. This morning was a particularly beautiful morning with lots of fog in the low lying areas, and the sky had some nice clouds to add a lot of interest to the sky. It was really a beautiful, peaceful morning to capture the sunrise.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor