My friends and I went for a hike in the Coquihalla Canyon Provincial Park. Starting at the western trailhead in the town of Hope, British Columbia, the Trail leads to, and through, the Othello Tunnels. The Othello Railway Tunnels were built through solid granite cliffs of the Coquihalla Gorge in the early 1900's, but due to washouts and rock slides, the route was closed in 1959. Now the historic tunnels are a favourite hiking destination within a provincial park. I visit often to take pictures of the changing seasons. This being the start of autumn, I kept looking for different species of mushrooms. I spotted these tiny Fairy Bonnets sitting on a moss-covered log on the ground, off the trail. To get a good shot, I had to practically crawl on the forest floor, sit hunched on my knees, and use the macro-function on my digital camera. In the end, I was pretty pleased with the result.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor