This picture is taken in South Mountains State Park 1 hour away from Asheville, North Carolina. South Mountains State Park is one of the most rustic state park in North Carolina. It is famous for it's steep but beautiful High Shoals Falls and the narrow board walks around the falls.
I got up around 5:00 am that morning and headed to the park to avoid the crowds. The board walks are extremely narrow and there's no way I can get good pictures if there are people constantly walking pass the boardwalk, also at the same time I don't want to be the bad person who blocks the traffic. However, hiking in the morning in South Mountains State Park means that I had to deal with slippery steep trails on which I can easily fall. I remember I wasn't at my full speed hiking since I didn't want to fall down on the trail and hurt myself. But everything paid out since I was able to get clean pictures of the fall, the famous boardwalk and the nice fall color.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor