On a journey through Alaska at the end of September one evening we headed for a campground at the Glen Highway near Slana on the edge of the Wrangell Saint Elias Wilderness. The campsite was directly on the shore of the Grizzly Lake presenting a fantastic panorama. While a delicious salmon was sizzling on the barbecue, the evening sun bathed the autumnally colored trees on the other side of the lake in a golden light, a view that makes the heart of every photographer beat faster. "Alpenglühen" - every landscape photographer who travels in the mountains knows the term. In my travel diary I have named the evening natural spectacle "forest glow" in reference to this.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor