This is a photograph of peak fall foliage day in the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. It is significant to me because it is the first photograph that I actually found myself, without help from someone else taking me to a location. I hiked about a mile into the woods along a stream, found this scene and found it to be almost spiritual. There was a light drizzle of rain and the light falling onto the stream was golden and soft. I worked for almost an hour to find just the right composition that I hoped would capture the magic of the moment. It remains one of my favorite photographs that I have ever taken, perhaps because it marked my transition from a beginner to a more confident photographer.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor