Newfound Gap which is one of the highest points in the Eastern Parts of the United States is a great place to capture sunrise images but a lot of people miss the beauty of the fog rolling through on the daily basis. This was a second trip after the day before not seeing much a sunrise but coming back and capturing this beautiful section of fog rolling through the Gap while the fall colors still stood out.
The weather was perfect for the day and the colors looked wonderful with the diffused light shining on them. The capture was fairly simple, tripod, set up the exposure, and make sure the elements are composed.
I would go anytime of the year honestly because the views are beautiful and really shows you how well the mountains are and how much everyone really loves them.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor