The Flying D Ranch is a spectacular property. It's 100,000+ acres and owned by Ted Turner. It's located along the Gallatin River about 20 miles south of Bozeman MT. The road through the ranch is public access, but visitors may not drive or step off the road at any time. On this particular evening the clouds were setting up in an unusual manner. I thought the ranch might be a great place to capture the cloud formations and sunset. "Big Sky" country did not disappoint! I noticed the scene on my drive in, but decided to continue toward the Spanish Peaks to the south. I captured several nice images there and started to head back. But when I returned to the scene my jaw dropped as the clouds began stacking. I used several lens, but my wide prime (21mm in 35mm format) brought it all together: meadow, trees, sky, clouds and super-soft golden hour light.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor