After the Harvest: I was fortunate to have the opportunity to spend a few days exploring the beautiful South Downs National Park in the south of England this October. The autumnal colours were in full swing - at least 2020 has been a good year from that perspective! However, I found myself increasingly drawn to abstracts and vignettes of the landscape rather than just shooting golden leaves and colourful fungi. What attracted me to this scene was the rolling fields with the lines and patterns in the aftermath of the harvest: reminiscent of a crumpled piece of cloth. It was very windy and I was using a fairly long focal-length so I used a moderately wide aperture of f/5.6 to allow a fast shutter speed using base ISO.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor