I got a rare solo Enchantments Core camping permit and headed up into my favorite place to be in October. Snow free, but hazy on Thursday but the haze left the area by Friday. The trail up is busy from Stuart Lake Trailhead, as you would expect this time of the year. Took me about 5 hours to get into the Core and I camped in one of my favorite areas around the Crystal Lake viewpoint.
This shot is basically the view that originally lured me up into the Enchantments for what ended up being an 18 hour through hike. I know now its better to camp to be there at the right times for sunset and sunrise. I had two mornings to get this view and ended up being happier with the first morning, but its always good to be up in this area in the Fall. I think I timed it right as the snow would begin to appear in a week or two as the larches began dropping their needles.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor