A dark wet winter afternoon may not the most promising time to grab your camera and head to the beach. But that just what I love to get those mean and moody winter images.
It was was low tide and the light was fading fast. The rain had eased for a while and the weak winter sun was trying to break through the dark rain clouds.
After setting up the camera on the tripod I took a couple of test exposures. I decided a Lee Big Stopper filter would help soften the clouds and add to the winter atmosphere. I used the Lee filter Stopper App on my mobile phone as a guide to the exposure increase. After adding the filter and taking and another test exposure an exposure time of 40seconds was decided on. The cool tones effect of the Lee filter was perfect for this wet winter afternoon.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor