This image was taken at the start of autumn during a visit to the Yorkshire Dales. I always love a great waterfall and after days of torrential rain (even whilst we were there!) the waterfall was in full flow.
East Gill Force is a picturesque waterfall in the area of Swaledale near the hamlet of Keld, in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, North Yorkshire, England.
There is a nearby car park and its an easy scenic walk down to the waterfalls (there are 4 in total, this is the top waterfall). The waterfalls are accessible all year round and there are lots of other interesting places to visit in the area, such as Crackpot Hall.
The falls are surrounded by deciduous broadleaved woodland and lots of sheep!!
On this image I also used a 10 stop ND filter and a polariser.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor